Get started with online railway reservation
- To make an online railway reservation log on to www.irctc.co.in , if you are a new member to this site, first you have to open an user account to get started with the transaction.
- Open your account by clicking on the Sign up link.
- Now log on to this website using credentials created after signing up.
- There are two ways of making online reservation of Indian railways through this website.
- First and the best one is quick booking which behaves as a time saver to you.
- You must be aware of your train number in order to make quick booking.
- Click on quick book link and fill the form. Now you will be redirected to internet payment portal. Fill in the credentials. Your booking is completed now.
- If you are not aware of the train number then best booking method is to go for “Plan my travel ” link.
- You have to now fill the journey source and destination with date of journey.
- You will be automatically redirected to the page displaying information on suitable train.
- Next step is to fill in the internet credentials like before.
- After successful booking your e-ticket will be mailed to your personal email id.
- You can also find your eticket on my transaction link on IRCTC website.
Payment charge for online railway reservation
- If you are making the online railways reservation payment through ICICI account you will be charge Rs.20 extra for the booking.
- If you are making online railways reservation payment through SBI or Syndicate account then you will be charged Rs. 10 for the booking.
- If you are making online railways reservation payment through HDFC bank you will be charged rs.20 extra for the booking.
Contact Information for online railway reservation failure or more queries
- For any doubts or queries you can call on 24 hours support service number 011-39340000, 044-25300000.
- For information on iticket or eticket email email@example.com
- For Information on Cancellation E-tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Information on Mumbai Suburban Season tickets: email@example.com
Postal address of registered office is
Registered Office / Corporate Office :
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.,
9th Floor, Bank of Baroda Building,
16, Parliament Street, New Delhi 110001.
Also visit ; www.indianrail.gov.in
For more information you can visit Indian Railways Online booking