Indian railway offers this offer for the convenience of its passengers in order to avail a quick booking. Let us now go through different steps to be followed for online ticket booking.
How to get started with the Online Ticket Booking=
- In order to make online ticket booking for Indian railways log on to www.irctc.co.in and log in through your user account.
- Note that if you do not have log in account you must create one by clicking on the sign up button.
- After the user account has been created you can log in using the new credentials.
- Online ticket booking for Indian railways start from 00.30 A.M and is operational up to 11 P.M.
- Click on the link plan my travel for getting the detailed information on train in which you would like to travel.
- Then fill in the details which include source and destination station and the date of journey. Now you will get a list of matching trains.
- Next step would be to select the train in which you prefer to travel and select the payment option.
Payment option of online ticket booking for Indian Railways is to select your internet banking name like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis bank etc. Now after the complete successful transaction a transaction id will be generated for that particular transaction.
How to collect online booked ticket
After the online ticket booking for indian railways,your e-ticket will be emailed instantly to personal mail id. Suppose your e-ticket is not emailed to your personal email id you can get the e-ticket printed from you’re irctc account’s my transaction link.
Quick Book Line
A quick book option is also available for making an instant online booking for Indian railways. This is used mostly when you are totally aware of complete train details, you have to enter the details yourself in the form without any assistance and next you will be redirected to internet payment portal. Hence quick book makes your online booking really quick.
suppose you would like to book online ticket booking for Indian railways under tatkal quota online, then you need to make the booking quota as "TATKAL".Note that tatkal booking only starts two days prior to your date of journey. The timing of tatkal booking is from 8.00a.m to 11.30 p.m. The tatkal ticket booked can never be cancelled for any personal reasons.
There are chances that you transaction might end up as a failure. At this moment of time you can always call Indian railways 24/7 customer support service. you can also send an email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can call on any of these numbers for enquiries on online ticket booking for indian railwyas 011-23311263/011-23311264.
- The charges of online booking for Indian railways is around Rs.10 for a nationalized bank and Rs.20 private bank.
- For more information you can also visit www.indianrail.gov.in .
- You can also visit Online Railways Reservation, Online Registration For Railway Ticket Booking, Booking Train Ticket India