PAN card application form can be obtained by contacting the nearest UTITSL or by downloading from the UTITSL website (www.utitsl.co.in). The PAN application form is also noted as Form-49A, by the Income tax department of the Government of India.
The application form should be duly filled in by the applicant only.
• You will have to submit your name including the Surname and it must be similar to your ID proof.
• You can have your name printed either with your initial or by expanding the initial according to your wish.
• You should also mention if in case you are also known by a different name.
• You also have to mention your father’s name. This applies even to married women.
• You have to mention permanent address and communication address with the PIN code.
• You have to mention if the PAN applied is for individual or a Firm or a Company or a body of individuals. In case of Firm or Companies you have to make sure you know your registration number.
• For individuals or associations or Formation of body of individuals, should mention either the Date of Birth or Date of formation whichever is applicable.
• You have to enclose a copy of your address proof and a copy of your Identity proof.
• The form should contain a recent coloured photograph and the form should be duly signed by the applicant.
• The area and the AO code should also be mentioned by consulting the IT PAN service centre.
• The processing fee coupon of Rs. 85+ service tax has to be enclosed with the application form. The processing fee coupon can be obtained after paying the amount to the IT service centre.
• Finally the completed form should be submitted to the accessing officer at the IT service centre.
No further action is required to be taken from the applicant’s end.
Please make sure that you receive the acknowledgement number after submitting the form, since that will help you to track the status of the application, 3 days from the date of submission.