PGI Chandigarh, also known as Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is one of the top medical colleges of India. PGI Chandigarh came into existence in 1962. In 1967, PGI Chandigarh became an autonomous body under the Act of Parliament and came under the control of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
PGI Chandigarh Admission Procedure:
Applications are invited through countrywide advertisement in leading newspapers usually during September/October and March/April for the January and July session respectively. The entrance examination is held in December for the January session and in the June for July session.
PGI Chandigarh Eligiblity:
MBBS degree or its equivalent qualification recognised by the Medical Council of India.
Name Of the College: PGI Chandigarh Address of the College:Sector-12 Chandigarh Established in the year of 1962 City in which the college is located :Chandigarh State in which the college is located:Punjab Contact Numbers of the College:+91-172-2746018, 2756565, 27 Fax Numbers of the College:+91-172-2744401, 2745078 Email Address of the College:firstname.lastname@example.org Official Website of the College: http://pgimer.nic.in
University to which the College is Affiliated to: Banaras Hindu University.
This college is well established with all kinds of facilities which an educational institution needs in order to provide a good knowledge to the students and the faculty who are working in this college are very good at the subjects and also co-operative with the students.
Courses Offered in this College:
Undergraduate Courses in this College:
* B Sc in Nursing * B Sc in Nursing (Post Basic)
* Paramedical in B Sc Med. Tech. (Laboratory) * Paramedical in B Sc Med. Tech. (X-Ray) * Paramedical in B Sc Audiology & Speech Therapy * Paramedical in B Sc Med Tech. Radio-therapy * Paramedical in Bachelor of Physical Therapies (B Ph T) * Paramedical in B Sc Med Tech (Operation Theatre) * Paramedical in B Sc Med Tech (Perfusionist)
* M D in Anaesthesia * M D in Biochemistry * M D in Community Medicine * M D in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology * M D in Medicine * M D in Microbiology * M D in Nuclear Medicine * M D in Obstetrics and Gynaecology * M D in Paediatrics * M D in Psychiatry * M D in Radio-diagnosis * M D in Pathology * M D in Pharmacology * M D in Radiotherapy * M D in Transfusion Medicine * M D in Forensic Medicine
* M S in Surgery * M S in Orthopaedics * M S in Otolaryngology * M S in Ophthalmology
* D M in Cardiology * D M in Endocrinology * D M in Nephrology * D M in Neurology * D M in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine * D M in Gastroenterology * D M in Hepatology * D M in Clinical Pharmacology * D M in Neonatology
* M Ch in Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery * M Ch in Neurosurgery * M Ch in Paediatric Surgery * M Ch in Urology * M Ch in Surgical Gastroenterology * M Ch in Plastic Surgery
* MDS in Orthodontics * MDS in Pedodontia & Preventive Dentistry
M Sc Nursing Masters in Hospital Administration Masters in Public Health
Post M D Certificate Course
* Post M D Certificate Course in Cytopathology * Post M D Certificate Course in Biotechnology * Post M D Certificate Course in Immunopathology
* Paramedical in M Sc Med Tech (Pathology) * Paramedical in M Sc Med Tech (Microbiology) * Paramedical in M Sc Med Tech (Radiology) * Paramedical in M Sc Med Tech Pharmacology & Physiology * Paramedical in M Sc Med Tech (Biochemistry) * Paramedical in M Sc Speech & Hearing * Paramedical in M Sc Pharmacology * Paramedical in M Sc Bio-chemistry * Paramedical in M Sc Bio-Technology
Eligibility to join in this College:
- The students who are willing to join in this college should have completed their Secondary Education from an recognized institution with the compulsory subject of Biology, Physics and also chemistry. Moreover the Candidate should possess an aggregate of 50% marks in his secondary education from an recognized board of India.
Post Graduate Diploma Courses:
- The Candidate should have completed his MBBS Course from an recognized University.
Entrance Test for Studying the Under Graduate Course in this College: CET
Facilities Provided in this College:
- Huge Collection of Books with well-constructed Library
- Separate Hostels for Boys & Girls
- Well Equipped Laboratories
- Good Canteen.
PGI Chandigarh Hostels:
The resident doctors and the students are provided semi-furnished accommodation in these hostels. There are designated ladies, bachelor and married accommodation. Approximate number of accommodation units available in each hostel is as fellows:
Kairon Block 122 Old Doctor’s Hostel 212 New Doctor’s Hostel 160 Married Doctor’s Hostel
E Block 72 G,H,I,J & K Blocks 80
New Married Doctor’s Hostel 32 Sanjivani Hostel (for ladies) 102
PGI Chandigarh Campus :-
Under the aegis of Institute Cultural Committee, the residents, students and the employees of the Institute hold a number of cultural, literary and social activities every year. Every year one week long cultural bonanza SPRING FEST is held in which various items relating to fine arts, dance, drama, music and literary activities like debate, quiz, essay writing etc. are organised.
PGI Chandigarh Contacts:-
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Sector-12, Chandigarh PIN- 160012,I NDIA. Phone: EPBAX: 0091-172-2746018,2756565,2747585
Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078