Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Entrance Exam is for admission to Post-Doctoral (DM/M.Ch), Postgraduate MD/MS Courses.
- MD degree in Medicine or Pediatrics or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Medical Council of India, except as otherwise indicated.
- Must be registered with the Central/ State Medical Registration Council.
DM (Clinical Pharmacology) Course
- M.D. degree in Pharmacology or its equivalent qualification in any clinical subject recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- MS degree in General Surgery or its equivalent qualification recognized by Medical Council of India.
For M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) Course
- MS degree in General Surgery / M.S. (ENT) / M.S. (Ortho.) or its equivalent qualification recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Must be registered with the Central / State Medical/Registration Council.
The entrance exam consists of multiple choice questions carrying 80 marks. The Theory Examination Consisting of part I & II is of 1½hrs duration. There will be negative marking for the wrong. Answers in the theory paper for part II only.
Selection of candidate for DM/MCh courses will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam.
The exams are usually conducted in the month of June.