'''Part time management PhD''' is for highly motivated candidates having several years of work experience & who want to accelerate their career to the most. Candidates interested in shifting their career from industry to academics can opt for a part time management PhD.
After completion of part time management PhD, one can opt for management teaching or research in the UK or overseas. Experienced teaching faculty for management & research are in great demand in India as well as in abroad for highly reputed universities.
In full time courses, students complete the MREs degree consisting of research methodology and four other modules which are
I. Essential Organisational Theory
II. A thesis based on Systematic Review
III. Quantitative Methods
IV. Learning and Teaching
A quality education is being provided for a candidate's chosen research area. Many universities have the criteria that the PhD students opting for a part time management PhD must complete a thesis on the knowledge they gained.
Many universities & colleges provide this degree in India as well as in other countries. One such institute is The Institute of Management Technology; Ghaziabad which provides fulltime/part time management PhD programs. It provides its programs in the following areas:
1. Strategic Management
2. Supply Chain Management
3. Organization Behavior/HRM
4. Information Technology
7. Operations Management
8. International business
According to The Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, the eligibility criteria for admission to a fulltime/part time management PhD are as follows:
(1) Minimum 60% must be necessary for this course.
(2) In case of regular full time Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology or any other kind professional degree with 75% aggregate or more than that with a experience of 3 years after graduation or 60% or more marks and with a minimum experience of 15 years after graduation.
(3) Also those candidates who were employed in some kind of organisation in India or abroad are also eligible to this kind of degree.
(4) The candidates must have their valid GATE score card.
(5) For admission in science or humanities or management the candidates must have their NET Fellowship of the current year.
(6) For part time courses the candidate must provide a No Objection Certificate from the employer.
Usually a written test and interview is the basis of selection of candidates for a part time management PhD.
The fee structure for a part time management PhD is different for different colleges and gets updated almost every year. The detail of the fee structure is available on the respective university websites.