Regional Passport Office Hyderabad
The applicants are required to submit their hyderabad passport application to following address.
Regional Passport Office
No. 8-2-215 to 219.
Adjacent to Prashant Theatre
Secunderabad – 500003
Phone:  27704646
Timings of passport office: Monday - Friday
09.30 AM to 05.30 PM
In January 1997 a new passport office was opened in Vishakapatnam to meet the heavy rush of applicants in AP state. All applications in the state except for the five districts of West Godavari, East Godavari, Vishakapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam are to be submitted at the above Hyderabad office.
Passport Application Forms in Hyderabad
To get Passport in Hyderabad, Application forms have to be filled and submitted by the applicant at any one of the following counters at above mentioned address
- Directly submitting the form online while taking appointment to cater to the other formalities
- Authorised collection centres at Vijaywada and Tirupathi
- Authorized IATA or travel agents
- E-Seva centres in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad
- Selected Post Offices in the twin cities
- Passport application collection centres in all S.P Offices in all districts.
How to submit a Passport Application online
Instead of coming to passport office in Hyderabad, the applicant can also file the application online.
1. Login to http://www.ap.nic.in/passport or http://passport.gov.in, Please note the browser setting should be only internet explorer 5.5 version or more.
2. You can download the application form and fill it up.You will be asked open/save the file.After you save the file you will be asked to take a print out of the application form. In case you do not have a printer on hand, you note down the application form number and date of submission. You can take a print later with the number.
3. you will then take an appointment to visit the passport office on a particular date and time. You will have to carry your original documents with you that day for verification.
4. you will be given back the originals and a file number.
5. There will be a police verification by the verification cell, special branch, to check your residential address. This can happen after 15 days of your submission of application or may take more time.
6. Usually if everything is in order you should receive your passport within a month or maximum 45 days.
Hyderabad Passport Enquiry
You can check the status of your passport application online by going to site and then tracking your file by typing the file reference no. and the key number.You will come to know the status and if there is a delay why or if it has been dispatched or not.
Documents to be submitted along with the passport application:
Proof of residential address
Submit one of the following
1] Ration card issued by the government along with
2] Bank pass book or
3] Electricity bill or
4] income tax assessment order
5] Telephone bill.
S no. 2 to 5 can be submitted individually but if you are submitting ration card it has to be accompanied by either of the above documents.Date of Birth Proof
Either of the following
1] Birth certificate issued by the Municipal authorities or the district office of the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
2] Date of birth as mentioned in the school last attended certificate
3] In case of illiterates, affidavit sworn before notary or magistrate as per specimen given in application form
- Government, public sector, statutory body employees should produce identity certificate in original as per annexure B
- 10th class passed and above are eligible for ECNR stamp so requisite documents have to be put.
- Xerox copies of Parent’s passport while applying for child passport.
- Marriage certificate in case of ladies applying for change of name or for adding spouse name
For Renewal of passport in Hyderabad
Old expired passport for cancellation along with new application form to be submitted.