In month of September 1969, the Regional Passport office Chandigarh came into existence. The regional passport office Chandigarh offers services to 14 districts of Punjab state, 12 districts of Haryana state and union territory of Chandigarh. In the month of January, 1996 the regional passport office Chandigarh was computerized by National Informatics Centre (Ministry of Information Technology). The regional passport office Chandigarh has strength of about 80 employees.The address of regional passport office Chandigarh is as follows,
Regional Passport Office
Chandigarh – 160 022
Ph: 0172 – 2601451, 2601454, 2602362
- Passport Office is open from Monday to Friday from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.
- Scrutiny of Passport Application Forms will be done between 9.30 A.M and 12.00 NOON.
- Applications can be submitted across the counter from 9.30 A.M to 1 P.M.
- Enquiry / Meeting timings with the concerned officers are from 10 A.M to 12.00 NOON.
- Delivery of Passports in case of Promised Cases / ECNR will be from 4.30 P.M. 5.30 P.M. Passports containing valid visas should be delivered from Room No. 17, Second Floor only.
Officers to be approached in case of objection
If you have any objection / enquiry, please approach the enquiry counter at the ground floor with cash receipt issued by the accepting authority of your Passport Application or Objection Letter received (if any) from this office along with the documents called for between 9.30 A.M. 12.00 NOON.
Delivery of passport at counter
Normally passports are sent to applicants through speed post deliverable to the addresse only, but in case of promise and date cases, passports are delivered at the Counter Number 1, Ground Floor between 4.30 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. on the promise dates given to the applicants.
In case your passport has been returned undelivered to Regional Passport Office, Chandigarh, please approach the enquiry counter at ground floor with original cash receipt issued by passport office at the time of submission.
Regional Passport Office, Chandigarh has also started Tele-Enquiry service. With the help of this facility, applicant can know the status of his application form / general enquiry through telephone. Please dial the following telephone numbers to access this facility: