Passport Renewal in India Generally, new passport will be issued for 10 years.If your passport is expired, you may need to apply for a passport reissue/ renewal. The Passport Renewal in India is very easy. To apply for renewal of passport, you need to fill up a new passport application form which is same for renewal or new passport and submit it in the nearest regional passport office along with the documents required.
Documents Required For renewal for passport in india the following documents are required,
- New passport application form
- Two passport size photographs
- Old Passport (if not able to submit old passport, should state reasons for it)
- Address proof
- Educational qualification certificates photocopy
- Date of birth proof
- Notary for tatkal (only for tatkal scheme)
- An urgency letter for tatkal (only for tatkal scheme)
Fee and Mode of Payment Fee for renewal of passport (36 pages) is Rs. 1000/-. Fee for renewal of passport (60 pages) is Rs. 1500/-. Additional Fee for renewal of passport in Tatkal is Rs. 1500/- Fee can be paid either through Demand Draft in the name of passport officer concerned or in Cash.
Delivery of Passport Passport may be delivered only to the applicant or dispatched by speed post to the address given in the application form