Pavana Muktasana, Gomukhasana in Ayurvedic Excercises
- This asana is useful in digestion and constipation. This is done in two stages.
First stage: This is called single foot pavana muktasana.
Posture: A patient or a healthy person must lie down in savasana posture on the bed, by keeping the knees close to each other and hand must be straightened and kept by the side of the head.
- Then right leg must be raised upto 45 degrees from the ground and the left leg must be kept on the ground.
- One must inspire slowly and once again the right leg must be raised to 90 degrees with full deep inspiration.
- Then, in the expiration bend the right knee and hold it with fingers and press it to the chest.
- Afterwards respire normally and keep the chin on the knees and make the left leg move in the half circle with to and fro motion for 5 times. Then he should come back to normal state.
Second Stage: Here both the legs are used and the above procedure is followed by raising both the legs to 5 degrees and later to 90 degrees and the remaining as before, is followed and come back to normal state.
Posture: sit by sending and keeping the right leg on the left leg. Then left leg must be bent and kept below buttocks.
- Both hands must be brought back and joined together. The same is repeated with the left leg on the right leg.
Time: 1-2 minutes.
1. It is a good exercise for spinal cord 2. Useful in abdominal diseases 3. Increases assimitation of food.