Introduction to Pondy Bazaar
Pondy Bazaar, located in the Southern Chennai, in T. Nagar on Theyagaraya Road, is among one of the most famous and important commercial hubs. The products available in Pondy Bazaar differ in price ranges. You can purchase every household product like soap cases, ropes, buckets, hair bands, bags and bangles from the vendors sitting at the roadside at the Pondy Bazaar. Two very famous hotels are situated at the Pondy Bazaar’s eastern edge, which includes Residency and GRT Grand Days. The streets of Pondy Bazaar also offer an assortment of soft toys displayed on the road side.
The Commodities Pondy Bazaar Offers
• Rathna Stores: one of the biggest branches of Rathna stores is located in this Bazaar, where people can avail the commodities starting from cooking utensils to umbrellas at comparatively low prices. This branch of Rathna store comprises 5 floors.
• Saravana Stores: The Bazaar also has Saravana outlets which are the biggest departmental and commercial outlets in Chennai. Products ranging from diamond jewelry to safety pins are accessible there.
• Naidu Hall: It is one of the most famous landmarks in the Bazaar. The shop was once known for lingerie, is now a well-known garment shop with a well-maintained tailoring department.
Eateries in Pondy Bazaar
• Saravana Bhavan: It is the most popular multi-city series restaurant, which is situated near the Panagal Park at the end of the Bazaar.
• Geetha Café: Yet another old food joint situated at Balaajee Bhavan, which is approximately 100m away.
• Ratna Café: The café is a latest addition in the T. Nagar situated subsequent to Thirumala Tirupathi Devastanam at Venkatnarayan Road, which has quickly received the goodwill for its “Sambar Idli”.
• Adyar Ananda Bhavan: A food branch of Adyar Ananda Bhavan is located in the Pondy Bazaar.
Transport to Pondy Bazaar
One of the major roads to reach Pondy Bazaar is Theyagaraya Road. The road faces slow moving traffic problem and to relieve the traffic, there are several busses diverted to the bus terminal of T. Nagar, which is the best option to reach Pondy Bazaar without any problem.
Prominent Pondy Bazaar’s bus stops:
• Bus stop at Boag road, in façade to Residency Towers.
• Bus stand at Power House on Dr. Nair Road.
• At the Pondy Bazaar’s Western Edge, situated Panagal Park bus-stop.