Coverage of the policy
The policy covers for A-Layer birds and hatchery birds in a poultry farm between the ages of 1day old to 72 weeks old. The breed of broilers are also insured which are aged between 1 day old to 8 weeks old. Ducks and Quails are also covered under this policy.
This policy is designed for Poultry farmers or financing banks. All birds in the farm should be insured without selection. This policy ensures the safety of the birds as well as the business.
- The policy insures against death of birds due to accidents caused by fire, lightning, flood, cyclone, strike, riot, civil commotion, terrorism, earthquake, and disease contracted during the policy period. But there are a few diseases are excluded from the insurance. However they are included if the vaccination is given in advance.
A sum of up to 80% of the insured value is payable at the time of loss after stage wise valuation table attached to the policy.
The policy does not cover for losses resulting from the following practices or situations:
- Malicious conduct and negligence in handling the birds.
- Transit by any mode of transfer.
- Faulty and improper management.
- Theft or sale of birds in secret.
- International bird slaughter and consequential loss thereafter.
- Loss of production, under growth due mall nutrition cannibalism.
- Loss due to huddling birds together.
- Death due to pandemics and infectious diseases for which vaccines are available.