R1 Visa India is a non immigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter and work in religious occupations in the United States of America. To obtain an R1 Visa, the applicant must be a foreign national and the applicant should have been a member for at least 2 years of a bonafide nonprofit religious organization.
On an R1 Visa, You can study in the United States. You can apply for a green Card in United States. You can travel freely in and out of the United States. You can receive payment for the religious services performed. The R1 Visa applicant can apply for his spouse and children under the age of 21 years under the Visa category R-2.
But there is a limitation in a R-1 Visa, When you take your spouse along with you on a R1 Visa, your dependents cannot work in the United States. Also the payments should only be received from religious services. The initial stay of period 3 years is allowed for an R-1 Visa applicant along with his family in the United States. Form I-129 needs to be filled out for the request of extending the period of stay. Maximum of 2 years of extension is allowed when applied and all together you can stay on R-1 Visa for maximum of 5 years. R1 applicants dependent can engage in full time study while they are in the US.
• Filled in Form I-129
• Proof that you are working as a minister of religion or employed in a bonafide nonprofit religious organizations
• Proof that you are a member of the religious organization for at least two years prior to the application.
• A contract from the employer in the Us with documents such as bank statements to prove that the applicant would be supported above the poverty line in the united states.
• IRS-supplied proof of the tax-exempt status of the organization in the U.S
• Evidence that the applicant is qualified to work in the US for the religious purpose
• Documents showing the arrangements of financial support in the US.