Indian railways have launched many simple and instant methods to check the rail ticket PNR status. The following information help you come across various methods to track rail ticket PNR status.
multiple methods to check rail ticket PNR status
- You can check your rail ticket PNR status online
- You can check your rail ticket PNR status on phone or via SMS.
- You can check your rail ticket PNR status in person.
Track your rail ticket PNR status online
- log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and click on the PNR Status link on the top right corner of the page.
- Now enter the valid PNR number in http://www.indianrail.gov.in/pnr_stat.html. You can find your PNR number on top of your of e-ticket or i-ticket issued by Indian railways.
- You can also track the PNR status through IRCTC website http://irctc.co.in but only drawback of this site is that, you need to be a member of the site to avail the provision.
Track your rail ticket PNR status on phone
- You have to dial 139 on your mobile or fixed line phone.
- Next step is to change the language option to your preferable language.
- Next you will be instructed to dial the specific number to track the PNR Status.
Track the rail ticket PNR status by sending a SMS
- You can send a SMS to any of the following number with the right code and the functional numbers are 57886, 54959, 139, and 5676747.
- In order to track the PNR status the format of the message should be PNR <your PNR number> to 5676747.
- If you happen to misspell the code then you can SMS HELP TRN to 54959. This message will help you fetch the standard SMS codes for different services.
For more information of SMS enquiry you can visit http://www.indianrail.gov.in/railway_SMS.html
Check rail ticket PNR status in person
- You have to visit the nearby railway station with your PNR number.
- In order to get the status of your ticket you have to approach enquiry counter and dictate the PNR number.
- Concerned person in the enquiry counter will be giving your PNR status immediately.
Note that above service of SMS or Phone calls are not toll free numbers. Railway SMS charge costs you Rs0.50 per SMS and where as Phone call will be costing your STD call rate per minute.