Railway tickets can be booked online easily and instantly. The following information helps you find out different steps to be followed for railway tickets online booking.
what are the basic necessities for railway tickets online reservation
- You need to have an internet connection with pretty good speed.
- You must be a member of IRCTC site to book the railway ticket from Indian railways official website.
- You must be having internet banking facility of any standard bank.
Get started with Railway ticket online booking
- log on to www.irctc.co.in and sign in to your account.
- You can not book online railways ticket unless you have a user account.
- You can open an user account by clicking on the sign up link and fill in your valid details.
- Now log in to irctc site using your newly generated log in credentials.
- Now click on plan my travel link on left hand side of the page.
- Fill in the details in the application form for online booking of the ticket.
- Plan my travel link helps you in booking right from the beginning which includes fetching the information about train number, availability and schedule.
- Suppose you are aware of all the train information (like train number, schedule and availability) you can click on quick book link.
- You have to select the type of ticket as e-ticket if you want an e-ticket, you should select type of ticket as i-ticket if you would like to get your ticket posted to your postal address.
- You must enter valid postal address of yours where the i-ticket will be delivered.
- Next you will be able to make railway tickets online booking through internet banking.
- If you have selected type of ticket as e-ticket then your ticket will be emailed to your personal mail id.
- Now after the successful transaction a reference id or a transaction id will be generated instantly.
- Suppose your online transaction was not successful, which resulted in deducting money from your account without booking the ticket then you can make a note of this transaction id and approach customer care support service of Indian railways.
- Indian Railways customer support service number is 044-25300000 or 011-39340000.
- You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
- You must enter your transaction id or user id in the complaint email and specify the problem.
- Customer care executive will be approaching you within two working days and send you the response mail.