Railway e-ticket is one of the quickest and simplest provisions provided by Indian Railways for its passenger for reasonable price. You can book your e-ticket instantly and easily within few minutes of time instead of standing in the long queue in the railway station.
Initial Requirements to make a e-ticket booking in person
- You should have an internet connection with pretty good speed.
- You should have your internet banking activated.
- You should have an user account in the IRCTC official website.
How to make Railway e-ticket booking in person
- Visit www.irctc.co.in and log on to your user account.
- If you are not aware of train number then you can get it quickly by entering the source and destination station in www.indianrail.gov.in .
- Next step is to click on the plan my travel and get your e-ticket booked via internet banking.
- Note that you must select ticket type as e-ticket at the time of online booking.
- You can find your e-ticket posted to your mail id or can find it in the my transaction page IRCTC website.
General Problems caused during Railways e-booking
- There are chances that your money would get deducted without your ticket being booked during online transaction.
- If it happens so you have to immediately email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- State your transaction or reference id in the email.
- Instantly you will receive an auto generated email saying that your concern will be addressed shortly.
- After three to four working days of time your deducted money will be refunded back to your bank account.
- You can even give a call to 24 hours customer service support of Indian railways and express your concern with the help of your reference number. Call: 011-23311263/011-23311264
Railway e-ticket booking via travel agents
- you can approach any of your local travel agents and get your e-ticket booked.
- Travel agents normally charge slightly more than the real cost of the tickets in the form of commission.
- The cost of the tatkal etickets are really charged more by travel agents.
Cancellation charges of railways e-ticket
- e-ticket booked can only be cancelled via online. A booked ticket cancellation will cost you service charge plus cancellation charge of the ticket.
- After the cancellation the money will be refunded to your account via which transaction was done.
- Note that tatkal e-ticket once booked can not be cancelled for any reason.