The refund of Indian Railway is available under the following circumstances:
• If any person is travelling in AC compartment and if the AC is not working properly, then the passenger can claim for refunds of difference of fare between fare paid and fare of the actual class travelled.
• If any passenger is forced to travel in the general or low class compartment though he is having a high class ticket then the person can claim for refund.
• If any passenger is not provided with proper accommodation in spite of having a confirmed ticket then the person can claim for refund.
• If the train is travelling late and the passenger does not wish to travel in the train then he or she has the right to claim for refund.
• If any passenger cannot continue the onward journey due to late running of connecting of the train then also the passenger can claim for refund.
• Sometimes the train may be cancelled due to accidents or natural calamities then also passengers can claim for the refund.
Other than this if the passenger looses the ticket he or she will not be able to ask for refund. The passenger if has lost the ticket will be allowed to travel on the already made reservation only after paying the predetermined charges for the issue of a replacement of ticket. The passenger in that case should inform the Reservation Office without any delay about the loss of the ticket. This can save the passenger from fraud regarding the refund claims.