Reliance Infrastructure or Reliance Energy (as previously known) was know as Bombay Suburban Electric Supply (BSES). It is one of the largest private sector enterprise in power utility owned by Anil Ambani under the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group banner (ADAG). It is the only distributor of energy in Mumbai suburbs.
Reliance electricity bill is very well very planned in layout and self-explanatory providing the details such as:
- Account number
- Bill Date
- Name of the consumer
- Address of the consumer
- Bill Distribution number
- Cycle number.
- Bill number
- Type of supply
- Category: Residential or Business
Under this box are the important messages:
- Tentative meter reading date of next bill
- Delayed Payment Changes of Rs. 29.89 will be charged in the next bill if the bill is paid after the due date.
- Paying the Bill within 7 days from the date of the bill helps save 1% on energy charges.
Then there is Contact us box:
A 24 hour Helpline number 1800-200-3030 (toll free) and 30303030 along with the website address (http://www.rinfra.com) and also the nearest Customer Care Centre/Internal Grievance Redressal Cell (IGRC) details.
Next details on the right side of the bill are:
- Date of the bill
- Your bill amount payable (roundsum) along with the due date.
- Sanpshot of the bill which tells—your current month bill amount, net other charges, net previous balance, and the total.
- Next is the units consumed.
- Next is a box that tells about your consumption of previous 11 months.
Then in the second last box are some tips for saving energy under the heading of Practice Energy Efficiency Reduce Carbon Emission.
Last box is the Payment Slipwith details about the care to be taken while paying by cheque
Turning overleaf - on the left hand side you will find:
- The first box tells you how your bill was calculated listing the different charges and the total bill amount.
- Then the Roundsum payable with that bill
- Your security deposit (SD) with Reliance
- Meter reading date
- Previous meter reading date
- Your current consumption with details of tariff, meter number, multiplying factor, energy consumption, energy charge, fixed charge, and the total.
Next box tells us to keep a watch on the listed things to manage your energy consumption.
On the right hand side:
The first box is about MERC’s Tariff
The next box underneath lists multiple payment options: