Indian Railways offers various methods to enquire about train routes and ticket availability for making reservation inquiry in train.
Multiple ways for Reservation enquiry in train
- Reservation enquiry in train on phone
- Reservation enquiry in train via SMS
- Reservation enquiry in train via online
- Reservation enquiry in train in person
Phone Reservation Enquiry in Train
- You can dial 139 on your mobile phone or on your landline phone.
- Next you will have to change the language option to your favorite language.
- You will be hearing a series of instruction for various phone services available.
- Now if you would like to go for Reservation Enquiry in Train you must be aware of the train number.
- Enter the train number and enter the date of journey in the date-month and year format.
- For example date of journey is 22nd October and the train number is 6628, then enter 662822102010.
- You will get to know the accommodation availability in that respective train.
- You also have other facilities like PNR status check, train arrival and departure time , etc.
SMS reservation enquiry in train
- You can send a text message to Indian railways and get the reservation enquiry done through it.
- You need to follow the standard code format format of SMS for getting the right response.
- If you would like to make Reservation Enquiry in Train then the format SMS should be as mentioned below.
- SMS IRSAVB [Train No] [Stn1] to [Stn2] [DD] [MM] to 57886 or you can send it to 139.
For example if the date of journey is 13th November 2010 in the train 6628, then SMS IRSAVB 6628 DELHI to Mumbai 30 nov 10.
For more information on SMS reservation enquiry in train you can visit http://www.indianrail.gov.in/sms_Service.html
Online reservation enquiry in train
- Visit www.indianrail.gov.in and click on the link seat availability.
- Now you will have to enter source origin and destination code with the train number.
- Click on the get availability button, you will be getting complete information on available seats.
Make a Reservation enquiry in train in person
- Visit the nearest railway station and approach enquiry counter.
- You need to know the train number and date of journey and dictate it to the concerned person.
- You will be told total number of available seats at present.