Restaurant and Hotel Management degree teaches one the essentials of running a restaurant, hotel, casino or some same type of jobs. This career prepares a candidate for the jobs of hotel manager, restaurant manager, casino manager and other jobs related to the management of these leisure centers.
To get in to this course the candidates should fulfill the requirements mentioned by the respective institutions giving these courses. The required eligibility or criteria are:
- The candidate should have qualified the 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.
- The candidates should have qualified in the JEE or the Joint Entrance Examination.
- The candidate may be a graduate in any stream from any recognized university of the country.
- The candidate should also have cleared the entrance examination conducted by the respective institution.
- Besides, he/she should also fit to the other qualifications mentioned by the institutions.
Those who complete the Restaurant and Hotel Management course have the following job options:
- Restaurant manager
- Lodging manager
- Casino manager
- Hospitality manager
- International hospitality management or manager
- Hotel and catering manager
Prospects in Restaurant and Hotel Management
According to the BLS report there will be a huge demand for restaurant managers by the year 2014. The scopes for lodging managers are about to increase as a huge number of casinos and restaurants are going to come up.
To get the courses the applicants or the candidates need to be admitted in the course given by the Top Hotel Management Institutes of India.