Embassy is an important link between the governments of different countries. The other name for embassy is the ‘diplomatic mission’. Every nation has its embassy in different countries which represents the former country’s interest in other countries. The head of Russian embassy is called an ambassador, who is the representative of the country and trained under Foreign Service training, had received additional training to ensure that they would act as responsible representatives of the government. An embassy looks after the various diplomatic necessities of the nation and also provides services for its citizens who are staying abroad. Embassies are the most important part of foreign relations.
Other than the foreign matters the Russian embassy has the following functions:
- Visas to the travelers, who want to come to the country and who stay abroad are taken care by consular officers of the embassy.
- The political officers handle the political conditions in the host country and issue reports based on those to the home country.
- Economic matters like taxes, tariffs and patent negotiations are handled by the economic officers.
All these matters are headed over by the ambassador of the embassy.
Following are the Russian embassy all over India:
- Address: Embassy of the Russian Federation, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri. New Delhi, 110021, India
- Phone: +9111 2611-0640, 2611-0641, 2611-0642, 2611-0644, 2611-0565, 2687-3800, 2687-3802
- Telex: ( 31) 72116 RUSS IN, (31) 72160 RUSS IN
- Fax: +9111 2687-6823, 2410-3961
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (embassy), email@example.com (consular department), firstname.lastname@example.org (trade department), email@example.com (trade department) Consular department
- Phone: +91 11 2611-0560, 2687-3800
- Telex: 81318016
- Fax: +91 11 2687-6823
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Mumbai, 42, Jagmohandas Marg (Nepean Sea Road) Mumbai, 400006, India
- Phone: +91 22 2363-3627, 2363-3628
- Telex: (81) 1175939 RUSS IN
- Fax: +91 22 2363-0403
- E-mail: email@example.com
Consulate of Russia in Kolkata
- Address: 22A, Raja Santosh Road, Alipore, Kolkata - 700027
- Tel: +91 33 2479-9973, 2479-7830, 2479-70-06
- Fax: +91 33 2479 8889
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Russian Consulate in Chennai
- Address: 14, Santhome High Road, Chennai (Madras) 600 004
- Telephone: +91-044-2498 2320, 2498 2330
- Fax: +91-044-2498 2336
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org