The State Bank of India provides a wide range of accounts which are easy to open and use. The bank also allows online operation of the accounts. Any body who desires to have SBI bank account can easily open an account. SBI bank accounts are now available for all like senior citizens, employed people, students, in short for each and every citizen of India.==Opening an SBI bank account requires following the below mentioned simple steps
For Indian Residents
- If opening in person then collection of an application form and properly filling the form is required.
- If opening online downloading the form, filling the form and sending it back to the bank authorities is required.
- Identity proofs like photocopies of passport, pan card, driving license, voter ID card.
- As residence proofs photocopies of the above mentioned documents.
- Two photographs of the customer.
For Non Resident Indians
- The application form properly filled and signed by the SBI official or the consulate of the Indian embassy.
- Photocopies of passport, visa and work permit of the country.
- Details of other bank accounts if any.
- Photographs of the person himself/herself.
- SBI savings account – Safe deposits of savings, earning interest on the deposits.
- SBI salary account – Managing the salary, quick and easy credit of the amount.
- SBI NRI account – Transactions and savings, transfer of currencies.
- SBI business account – Easy transfer of money, outstation usable cheque facilities.
- SBI internet banking – Fast and easiest method of money transfer and transaction.
- SBI no frills account – Zero balance account, low service charges.
- SBI current account – easy transfer of money among different branches, availability of ATM cum debit card.