The SBI clerical recruitment is done based on the vacancies available. There is a test and an interview that you have to pass before you get recruited. The reliability of the employer and the job security puts it in hot job criteria. When the SBI have vacancies they publish the notification in almost all the leading news papers in the country and other media. The notification will give a detailed idea about the number vacancies available in the various categories and states. There are several categories in which those can get priorities and age relaxation. The minimum qualifications are given below
a. i) Minimum 12th Standard (10 + 2) or equivalent qualification thereof with a minimum of 60% marks (55% SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS)
ii) Diploma Course passed after 10th Standard with a minimum of 60% marks (55% SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS), provided;
(a) Diploma course passed must be a full time course (Diploma course through correspondence are not eligible) with a minimum of two years duration
(b) The Diploma course should be recognized / approved by the State Board of Technical Education of the concerned State.
iii) A degree (Graduation level) from recognized university with a minimum of 40% marks
(35% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS)
The minimum age limit is 18 and the maximum is 28.
The various categories that can get the age relaxation according to the notification this year is
1 Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates 5 years
2. Other Backward Classes Candidates 3 years
3. PWD (Gen) Candidates 10 years
4. PWD (SC /ST) Candidates 15 years
5. PWD (OBC) Candidates 13 years
6. Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of 5 years Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
7. Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen Actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to maximum age limit of 50 years
8. Widows, Divorced women and women 9 years (subject to maximum judicially separated from their husbands’ age limit of 35 years for General, & who are not remarried 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)
There is also job reservations for the categories mentioned above.
Now, the test will be conducted after the hall tickets are sent to all the candidates they find eligible and the test is conducted as objective test. The various topics asked in the test and 40 questions will be asked from each topic and 1 mark per question.
1. General Awareness
2. General English
3. Quantitative Aptitude
4. Reasoning Ability
5. Marketing Aptitude/Computer knowledge.
The candidates have to pass in each category separately. The rank list will be published in papers and internet and also it will be sent to your home if you have passed along with the interview date and venue. A panel will be doing the interview and after the interview if you are selected you will be selected for the post of SBI clerk. The pay scale is from 7200-19300 along with various allowances. The place of posting will be based on the availability in each state and is decided by the bank.