The State Bank of India provides the demat accounting service for those who want to invest in the Indian stock market. Opening a SBI demat account is very easy and it just needs to follow some simple rules and regulations provided by the bank authority. SBI authorities are always there to help their customers as fast as possible through e-banking and tele banking. Their 24*7 website email@example.com is available for customers care.
To open the SBI demat account one needs to follow the below mentioned steps
• Get the application form and fill that properly.
• Submit the photocopies of documents required for identity proof like passport, pan card (mandatory), driving license, voter ID card.
• Submit the photocopies of passport, pan card, driving license, voter ID card for residence proof.
• Passport size photographs of the customer.
• Bank account details with which the demat account will be joined.
SBI demat account also has its respective features and rates. Following are the features and rates
• Easy executions of transactions.
• Timely advice of the right choice.
• Alerts for transactions given online.
• Anywhere transactions allowed.
• Viewing of holdings, transactions and billings online.
• Online checking of ISINs, settlement calendar.
• No account opening charges.
• Account maintenance charges from Rs 350-Rs 400.
• Dematerializations charge Rs 35 for every single request form, extra Rs 2 for each certificate.
• Additional account statements Rs for courier and no charge for email.
• No buying equities.
• Selling equities applicable is 0.03% i.e. Rs 30 minimum if selling through SBICAP securities.
• Rematerialization charge applicable is Rs 25 for every single request form.
• No charges for closing the account.
Demat account is basically used for online trading purpose. SBI offers very simple ways to avail a Demat account instantly and make you online trading easier and simpler. The following information specified below helps you know more about various methods which can be followed to open SBI demat account.
How to open SBI demat account
- You can log on to http://demat.sbi.co.in/index.jsp and fill in your personal details and hit the apply online button.
- Now your data gets stored and SBI sales representative will revert back to you to gain more details.
- SBI charges Rs.200 for opening a SBI demat account.
- You can also open SBI Demat account by giving a direct visit to the nearest SBI branch and collect the application form to open a demat account.
- Some of the important documents to be submitted at the time of SBI Demat account opening are a copy of id proof (passport, voter id), a copy of pan card, a copy of working place id card, a copy of last one month bank transaction statements, 3 passport size photographs.
- Once your documents are submitted you will be intimidated for further procedures.
Steps to activate SBI demat account
- Once your demat account is opened your login username and password will be posted to your permanent residential address.
- You have to log on to http://demat.sbi.co.in/index.jsp and activate your account by entering the username and password provided by SBI.
- You will also get a online trading password which needs to be changed when you log in for the first time.
Benefits of SBI demat account
- You can buy or sell share online via SBI demat account.
- You can have a constant watch on every share’s current status via online trading of SBI Demat account.
- You can get latest alerts on various latest offers and discounts on various shares available at present.
SBI Demat account customer care support
- for any queries on SBI Demat account you can call on a toll free number 1800 11 22 11 this number is 24/7 functional.
- You can also send an SMS SBIDEMAT TO 58888
- You can also send your online queries on SBI demat issues by logging on to www.onlinesbi.com