Sashastra Seema Bal,Civil Defense,Home Guards and Fire Service in India
Sashastra Seema Bai
Raised in 1963
Features-Sashastra Seema Bal,Civil Defense,Home Guards and Fire Service in India
- Special Service Bureau (SSB) was set up in the wake of India China conflict of 1962 to build peoples morale & inculcate spirit of resistance in the border population against threats of subversion, infiltration & sabotage from across the border.
- It is now under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Assigned with the responsibility to guard along the Indo – Nepal & Indo – Bhutan borders. Name of SSB has been changed as “Sashstra Seema Bai” from 15 December 2003.
- Civil Defense aims at saving life, minimize damage to the property, maintaining continuity of industrial production and keeping the public morale high in the event of a hostile attack.
Raised in Dec. 1946
- Home Guards is a voluntary force, to assist the police in controlling civil disturbance and communal riots.
- Fire is a State subject and fire services are administered by the States/ Union Territories. The training of the Officers cadre is conducted at National Fire Services College, Nagpur.
Lok Nayak Jyaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science
Raised in 1972
- Country’s nodal institution for training of functionaries of Criminal Justice System in the twin fields of Criminology and Forensic Science, as well as for research related to these fields.