Indian Railways have implemented advanced technology to enhance the facilities provided to Indian citizens. There are many methods which have been introduced by Indian Railways to check the seat availability.
Multiple methods to track seat availability of Indian Railways
- You can check seat availability in Indian railway online.
- You can check seat availability in Indian railway by going to nearest railway station.
- You can check seat availability by sending a SMS.
Check seat availability in Indian railway via online
- You can log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and click on the “Seat Availability Link”.
- Next step is to enter the station code and train number.
- If you are not aware of either of it, then you can find details on train numbers, station code etc on http://www.indianrail.gov.in/dont_Know_Station_Code.html .
- Another official website to check the seat availability of Indian Railways is www.irctc.co.in
- But here you need to maintain your user account without which you will not be able to avail any facility like internet booking, pnr status, seat availability checking etc.
Check seat availability in Indian Railways from the nearest railway station
- You can check the seat availability in Indian railways by visiting the nearby railway station.
- Go to booking center and fill the application form to book the tickets.
- Now next step is to submit the form to the concerned person and fetch details about seat availability.
Check seat availability in Indian Railways by sending a SMS
- Indian railways has introduced an instant method to check the seat availability just by sending a text message.
- You have to send an SMS to 57886 with the specified format.
- You will be getting a reply message stating the seat availability within some time.
- Text message format to find out the seat availability is as follows:
For example: 2304 New Delhi To Allahabad Jn 17 08.
- You have to note that source station code, destination station code as well as train number should be perfectly matching. Wrong code will not be helping you to find out the seat availability.
- You can also send as SMS to get help on IRSCH Keyword.
SMS format should be: [Stn1] to [Stn2] to get the trains between 2 stations. E.g. New Delhi to Mumbai CST.
Note; This SMS service is applicable for the Airtel, Vodafone and MTNL users only.
For more information log on to http://www.indianrail.gov.in/railway_SMS.html you can find out various SMS provisions available here.