Sonu Nigam is one of the most versatile and talented singers present in India today. He was born in Haryana, in Faridabad district on 30th July, 1973. Sonu Nigam is one-time National award and two-time filmfare award winner. He is one such teen idol who inspired many young singers all over the country. Sonu is highly acclaimed playback singer in the Bollywood film fraternity whose melodies have been attributed in several Kannada and Hindi Bollywood movies. He is the first Indian singer to perform in Germany. Sonu Nigam, along with his playback singing, he has released several pop hit albums in both Punjabi and Hindi. In 1982, he worked in the “Ustadi Ustad Se”, wherein he showed his acting skills as a young Rajesh.
Sonu Nigam’s parents Mrs. Shobha Kumar Nigam and Mr. Agam Kumar Nigam are also very good singers. His father has released two very popular albums, namely, “Phir Bewafaai” and “Bewafaai”. Sonu has two sisters, Nikita and Meenal. Nikita is also all set to pursue her career in the field of singing. She has shared the stage a few of the times with Sonu Nigam as a playback singer. Sonu Nigam is happily married to Madhurima and has a two years old son.
• He completed his schooling from J.D. Tytler School, Delhi
• He is a Delhi University graduate (Distance learning).
Sonu Nigam go his first break in Jaanum, though the movie got flop, he was noticed by the legendary Gulshan Kumar, who offered him to sing the songs in Bewafa Sanam. His song “Achcha silla Diya” became the hit of the year and he got noticed by every music composer and production house. Sonu Nigam as a child artist acted in several movies which includes Betaab, Taqdir and many more.
'''Awards and Achievements'''
• Annual Central European Bollywood Award for Best Male Play back Singer, Om Shanti Om (2007).
• Bollywood Fashion and Music Awards as the Best Male Play back Singer, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006).
• MTV Immies Award for Chanda Ki Doli in 2005.
• Star Screen Award for Best Male Play back, for Paheli (2005).
• Indian Television Awards for the Best vocalist for Miliee (2005).
• MTV Style Awards as a Style Icon (2005)