The Statue of Lord Buddha
- The Buddha statue has been placed on the rock Gibraltar in the placid waters of the Hussain sagar.
- The monolithic statue standing 72 feet granite rock, weighing 450 tons.
- It was carved by 200 sculptors for two years and was erected on 12th April 1992 on a red coloured Lotus pedestal.
- The Buddha statue can be visited by boat from the Lumbini park attached to it, which will be a memorable experience.
- Established by Nawab Mir Osman Ali Khan in 1918, it is one of the oldest universities in India.
- This University has exquisite buildings, especially the Arts college, building which is a perfect example of Indo Saracenic architecture.
Hussain Sagar Lake
- This beautiful lake dates back to the days of Qutub shahi.
- Along the bund of the lake, stand 33 life-size statues of eminent personalities, which were erected as part of Buddha Poorxima project and on the ‘Rock of Gibraltar’ in the middle of the beautiful lake, a gigantic statue of the lord Buddha, a massive monolithic structure of 18m height and 350 tonne weight has also been erected