Indian railways is one of the highly functional railways across the world. It has offered many new offers at reasonable ticket price for its passengers. Advanced methods to check status of Railway ticket is one of the other new advancement incorporated in the recent years.
How to check Status of Railway ticket
- You can check Status of Railway ticket via phone or through SMS.
- You can check Status of Railway ticket online
- You can check Status of Railway ticket in person
Check Status of Railway ticket on phone or via SMS
- Dial 139 on your phone and get connected to Bharatiya Railway Phone Service.
- As soon as you get connected you will be asked to change the language option to your favorite language.
- Next step is to listen to the instruction carefully and dial the instructed number to check the status of railway ticket.
- You must be aware of your PNR number to check the status of the ticket. The PNR number is displayed on top of your e-ticket or i-ticket.
- Suppose you would like to check the present availability of the railway ticket then dial the instructed number for present status and enter the train number followed by the date of journey.
- You can also check the status of your railway ticket just by sending a SMS to 57886 or to 139.
- Note that the SMS code should be valid to get the response back from the Indian railways.
- In order to check the status of railway ticket you have to SMS your PNR number to any of the above mentioned number.
- SMS format is: PNR <PNR NUMBER> to 57886. For example PNR 123456789 To 57886
- You will get the response SMS instantly which contains Status of Railway ticket.
Check Status of Railway ticket online
- You can log on to http://www.indianrail.gov.in/pnr_Enq.html and enter your PNR number. The status of your railway ticket will be displayed instantly.
- You can also check the PNR status via the website of IRCTC i.e. www.irctc.co.in and click on the link PNR status and get the status of your ticket.
- Suppose you would like to the number of available ticket then log on to http://www.indianrail.gov.in/seat_Avail.html and enter the source and destination code and get the current availability of the seats.
- This facility is available also available in IRCTC website for account holder only.