==Sweet (Madura) Ayurveda==
* '''Sweet foods''' are sugar, honey, milk and its products are cream, butter, wheat and rice.
* '''Sweet''' increases '''kapha (excluding honey)''' and '''dosha''' lessens '''pitta''' and '''vata'''. '''Sweet''' rejuvenates the body.
* It promotes growth of the body. '''Sweet'''on taking excess produces '''kapha''' in the body.
* It is homologous to the body. All grains, all oils and all meats are considered to be '''sweet'''.
* Both rice and wheat are '''sweet'''. The milk produces and ghee are also sweet food. '''Ghee''' is the specific remedy for '''pitta'''.
* '''Sweet foods''' are generally soothing to body and it quenches thirst.
* When '''vata''' aggravated, it produces nervousness uncontrolled mood, hurry, worry, excitement, and in such a condition if you take '''sweet foods''' or drinks it will cool the '''vata''' and also calm the '''pitta'''.
* Excess intake of the sweet brings up heaviness in the body and dullness in the mind and it may also create complications such as diabetes or blood pressure.
* Consuming too many sweets can aggravate the '''kapha''' resulting in digestion, lethargy, heaviness in the body, balancing and coldness in the body, looseness of body organs and dyspnoea, cough and excessive sleep overweight and excess mucus.
* In these conditions, it is safe to avoid sweet things. However honey is an exception to this rule. It is the only best medicine for balancing '''kapha'''.
* '''Sweets''' are named '''Mishtanna''' in '''Ayurveda'''. They should preferably be developed with ghee.
* '''Sweet''' readying balance '''Vata''' and '''Pitta''' and exacerbate '''Kapha'''. They are heavy to digest.
* '''Sweets''', developed the ayurvedic way are nourishing, improve the '''dhatus''', provides effectiveness and also act as aphrodisiacs.
* When taken in extra, they lead in particular health conditions such as fleshiness, cardio- vascular troubles and diabetes.