The Tata group in collaboration with the Star group has brought to India satellite television for those who love to watch television. It is a premium set top box with a personal video recorder that can record up to 45 hours of live TV. Recording one program while watching another is also enabled in this system. Pausing and rewinding the live program is also one of the facilities of Tata sky. It gives up to 171 channels. Variations are there in Tata Sky channel packages.
Tata sky channel packages include some add-on packages besides the basic packages. The Tata sky Annual Mega Pack has the following advantages:
• Subscription charge Rs 5500 per annum which provides 171 channels and 12 showcase movies. • New channels introduced free of cost. • Price protection for the whole year. • No hassles of monthly recharge.
Following are the different Tata Sky channel packages with their respective number of channels and subscription charges:
• Super hit pack which gives 59 channels at Rs 1250 annually, Rs 625 semi annually, Rs 125 monthly.
• South starter pack with 75 channels at the same price of super hit pack.
• Super value pack with 98 channels. Charges Rs 2000 annually, Rs 1000 semi annually, Rs 200 monthly.
• Super saver pack of 123 channels and the charges are Rs 3025 annually, Rs 1550 semi annually, Rs 275 monthly.
• South saver pack of 109 channels at Rs 2600 annually, Rs 1300 semi annually, Rs 260 monthly.
• Super value packof 95 channels at Rs 2000 annually, Rs 1000 semi annually and Rs 200 monthly.
• South jumbo pack of 138 channels at Rs 3410 annually, Rs 1760 semi annually and Rs 310 monthly.
The add-on packages are:
• Cosmo pack. • Fun learning pack. • Lifestyle gold pack. • Lifestyle bronze pack. • Sports gold pack. • Sports bonanza pack. • A La Carte Channels.