The latest tech regulations dirt track of the federation of motor sport club of India as on 1st January, 2009 is as follows:
1. Homologation – at first the homologation of the vehicles as per the guidelines of FMSCI must be carried out. Without this a participant would not be allowed to take part in any racing event. So the homologation is a must.
2. Starting devices – for dirt track or motocross racing events, starting device is a must.
3. Control levers – the controls on the two wheeler lever must be in principal-ball ended and the diameter of the ball must be 19 mm.
4. Handlebars – the minimum rotational angle of the handlebar in either direction must be of twenty degrees. Steering dampers must be fitted so as to ensure a minimum clearance of 30 mm between the handlebars.
5. Throttle controls – it must be of self closing when not held by the hand.
6. Chains – the fitment of locking clips between the connecting links is a must. For safety, this device must be fitted tightly in the right direction.
7. Stands – The stand must be fitted on to the machine and it must be of good quality.
8. Front & Rear mudguards – it is needed to cover at least 100 degrees of the circumference of the wheel. The rear mudguard must extent rearwards beyond the segments of a circle that covered by a vertical line which is drawn through a rear wheel spindle. The line is drawn at an angle of 25 degrees rearwards to the vertical line.
9. Horns – this device must be removed from the machine.
10. Lighting system – in this case the head as well as the tail lamps must also be removed. Even the front cluster on which the odometer or headlamps is fitted is also removed for diet track racing.
11. Brakes – the machines must be equipped with an efficient braking system.
12. Tyres – it plays an important role in a racing event and therefore it should be chosen properly. One must go for a tyre that has no sign of cracking and perishing.
13. Crash Helmets - this is an essential tool and must not be ignored at any case. So crash helmets of standard design must be worn by every participant.
These are the tech regulations dirt track racing of FMSCI as on January I, 2009.