The tech regulations rally for two wheeler of the federation of motor sports club of India as of 1st January, 2009 are as follows:
- The first thing that needs to be done is the homologation of a two wheeler. This is the official certification that is made by the FMSCI. If an Indian two wheeler is homologated with the FIM, then it is also said to be automatically homologated with the FMSCI.
- The number plate must be attached to the vehicle and it must be either rectangular or oval in shape. The plates must be made from solid or rigid material and it should measure 285mm x 235mm.
- Starting device must be there in case of a motorcycle rally such as Raids and Enduro events.
- The handle bar lever must contain the clutch as well as the brake lever and must be in principal ball ended. The diameter of the ball must be at least 19 mm. The ball can be flattened but in that case the edges must be rounded off.
- Footrests are also an essential item for two wheeler rally and it should be placed in front of the vertical line passing through the center of the rear wheel.
- The chain in a motorcycle is an important component of the transmission unit and it must be covered by a chain cover so as to ensure safety to the rider. One can also go for a secondary chain guard.
- Rear view mirrors are also an essential item and are a mandatory requirement in rally events.
- Front and rear mudguards must be fitted so as to cover certain portion of the circumferences of the wheels. The front and rear mudguard must cover 100 and 120 degrees of the wheel’s circumference.
- In a motorcycle rally, the lighting system must be checked. Participant can also install additional lighting system for more safety and convenience.
- Wheel rims and tyres must also be checked. The wheels must be properly aligned and the tyres must also be thoroughly checked for any kinds of damages.
So these are the regulations for two wheeler rally of FMSCI as of 1st January, 2009.