Tina Ambani was born on February 1, 1957, in a well-to-do Gujarati speaking family in Khar, Mumbai. Her ancestors originally were the royal merchants at the time of the British rule under the services of Burmese King. She was one of the most successful Indian Actresses in the Bollywood film fraternity, during the early eighties and late seventies.
With the girly and pouty looks, Tina Munim swapped acting to become one of the richest men in the world and is greatly involved in various social activities.
In 1991 she got married to Anil Ambani, who is an industrialist and richest among another industrialist. Tina Ambani is a mother of two sons and at present is occupied with a variety of charity programs, art as well as talent programs like ‘Harmony’. Since 1991, she hasn’t acted in any new film. She is at present living in The Great Britain and helps in the empowerment of senior citizens. Also, she owns a magazine known as ‘Harmony’.
Education and Career
She wanted to lay her hands as a Parisian-Trained couturier, but destiny had other plans set for her. Since, she got noticed by Dev Anand and became a part of Des Pardes in 1978, which actually launched her career in the film fraternity. She got repeatedly cast by Dev Anand in various films like Lootmar.
Tina was the chosen heroine for Sanjay Dutt’s debut film Rocky, by Sunil Dutt. The on-screen love story blossomed into the real-life affair but was short lived. Also, she was romantically interlinked with Rajesh Khanna after working in many films like Southern and Fifty Fifty.
Apart from Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand, Rishi Kapoor was another actor with whom Tina Ambani shared the screen for around six films and the most famous being Karz by Subhash Ghai. She was cast several times in the Director-Actor-Producer Rakesh Roshan like Aakhir Kyon.
Awards / Achievement
- She won Miss Bikini and Miss Photogenic Titles at the International Teen-Princess contest in Aruba
- A string of hit movies she has given to the film fraternity including Des Pardes, Karz, Baton Baton Mein, Southern and Katilon Ke Kaatil are a few among others.
- Harmony Awards in Mumbai on 6th October 2008 by the Harmony Foundation.
- Born: Born on February 11, 1957
- Nationality: Indian
- Occupation(s): Runs ‘Harmony’ magazine and Working on "Empowering Indian Senior Citizens".
- Genre (s): Female, Married