Trust registration in India is a mandatory thing because any trust without a government license is subjected to be violation of law. Hence every Indian citizen must know that any trust or agency owned privately must be legally opened and maintained. This article helps the various steps involved in trust registration in India.
An overview of trust registration in India
- The term trust stands for any committee which is run by a man or a woman or by a group of a people is known as a trust.
- Any trust opened in favor of public which helps society via different mediums like orphan education, widow assistance, financial help for poor people in the society etc should be legally registered.
- There are various trust registration acts which vary from one state to another state.
- The land or the building where the trust is established also should be legalized and should totally meet the Indian court of law.
- A trust should have at least two trustees actively involved in the trust activities.
- The goal or the objective of the trust should be highlighted by the trust owner or the trustee very clearly
- The trust registration in India can be successful only if the goals of the trust are favorable to the public.
how to make trust registration in India
- An application form should be submitted in the local registrar office which clearly states the aims and objectives of the trust.
- A court fee stamp must be attested with the details which specify the details of all the trustees and the succession mode etc.
- The trust registration in India charges you up to Rs25. This is dependent on the trust property value
- Thus these documents signed by the applicant must be submitted to the notary officer of your region or to the charity commissioner of your area.
- A copy of affidavit and a copy of consent letter also must be submitted to the commissioner
- Now your application will move on to the verification stage.
- Suppose any of your documents are found incomplete or non-matching then your application will be sent back to you without completing the further process.
- If your verification process has been successful, you application will go to the approval stage
- Now your trust will be entitled as registered trust under the Indian court of law.