LPG or Liquid Petroleum Gas is a product from natural petroleum which is used for domestic purposes over the world. As per the statistics of 2008, India lies in the list of countries which has a very high consumer consumption rate for LPG. The ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is vested with the responsibility for the distribution of the gas through the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies.
But, quite natural is the fact that the market which registers a very high demand will have malpractices and black marketing.
Certain common malpractices are
- Refill supplies delay.
- Forced carry and cash of the LPG cylinders instead of delivering the same at home.
- Release of new connection out of turn.
- Regulator replacement with money.
- Booking serial jump.
- Enrollment as well as generation with fake vouchers for transfer.
- Under-weight cylinders.
- Leakage complaints not attended with priority.
- Rude behavior of the dealers
- Overcharging of accessories.
- Acquiring two LPG connections with one ration card.
Acquiring two LPG connections on one ration card is a very serious malpractice as per the Marketing Discipline Guidelines and is subject to any kind of penal action as decided by the ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. The ministry prohibits an individual from getting two LPG connections on one ration card. However; a person may seek an additional cylinder with the same connection. If found guilty, a person may have to face legal actions, which can be a fine or he/she can be barred of any supply of the LPG for a month or more.