What are the things required for vehicle registration?
If the vehicle is new and non-commercial then the vehicle owner has to fill up the prescribed form and submit it to the local RTO. The form can be downloaded from websites.
Along with this one has to produce certain documents like
- Sale certificate
- Road worthiness certificate
- Attested copy of vehicle insurance policy
- Proof of residential address of the owner. The owner can give Voter Id card, Telephone Bill, electricity bill, LIC policy, passport or any other documents.
- From no 60
- Temporary registration certificate
- The vehicles are taken for the inspection
- The owners must keep the invoice of the vehicle.
Lets see the charge of the registration of the vehicle
Type of Vehicle Fee (Rs.)
REGISTRATION Transfer Duplicate Late Fees Municpal Fees
1. Moped 260.00 30.00 30.00 30.00/month 50.00
2.Scooter/Motorcycle 610.00 30.00 30.00 30.00/month 100.00
3.Tractor. Nil 100.00 100.00 30.00/month Nil
4.Car/Jeep (Less 4 Lacs) 2200.00 100.00 100.00 30.00/month 500.00
5. Car/Jeep (Upto 4 Lacs - 10 Lacs) 1.0 % of the Cost +200.00 100.00 100.00 30.00/month 500.00
6. Car/Jeep (Upto 10 Lacs) 1.5% of the Cost +200.00 100.00 100.00 30.00/month 500.00
What are the documents required for the duplicate registration of the vehicle?The candidates will require certain important documents to get the duplicate registration like
- Form no. 26
- FIR copy
- Insurance certificate
- Copy of valid insurance
Thus, it is very important to have registration of the new vehicles for a smooth and hassle free drive. If any person is found without any registration of the vehicle or withy any kind of license or driving permit then he or she have to dace lots of problems.
The candidates must hang the registration plate properly on the body of the vehicle so that it can be visible.
The photocopies of the vital documents must be attested by any gazetted officers. This is mandatory else, the papers may get rejected.
If the vehicle belongs to any company or firm then the name of the company is required.
Hence do all the formalities in advance to avoid any kind of legal problems.