Vellore Institute of Technology is popularly known as VIT, is a deemed university and is ranked as one of the best engineering colleges of India by the ‘India Today’. The Vellore Institute was initially promoted by a former minister and Parliament member of Tamil Nadu Government, Dr. G. Vishwanathana. In the year of 1984 in coalition with the Charitable and Educational trust of North Arcot the Vellore Institute of technology was developed. In 1999, the institute was awarded an ISO 9002 certification for 3 years by Netherlands’s Det Norske Veritas, thus became the solitary Indian Institute to obtain the award. The institute offers an assortment of courses for the students.
Courses offered at Vellore Institute of Technology
The courses offered at Vellore Institute of Technology include:
• School of Humanities and Science
• School of Bio-Science and Bio-Engineering
• Business School
• Bio-medical and Chemical Engineering
• Building and Mechanical Science
• Computer Science
• Electrical Science
Facilities, VIT offers
• The institute has a big library with a sum total of more than 11,000 books
• It also boasts of conference rooms including 3 halls and 4 auditoriums
• Swimming Pool
• Computer rooms with high-end technology
The Vellore institute of technology is accredited under AICTE i.e. All India Council for Technical Education. The institute’s unparalleled standards have brought it an “A Grade” for the courses being taught here. The Vellore Institute of technology encompasses exceptional faculty, highly-performing alumni, farsighted management and good students. Also, the institute boasts of seven schools comprising 28 post graduate and 17 undergraduate programs. VIT also encourages the research work for the students with M. Phil. and P.H.D degrees. The institute also offers International scholarships and National scholarships to the students for further studies.
Short-term courses, Vellore Institute of Technology offers:
• Short term programs in Assembling & Maintenance, Hardware, Administartion, Windows 2003, Firewall and CNNA.
• Advanced FPGA based on system design
• FGPA implementation & Digital ASIC flow of Design
The institute also boasts of an in-built Training and Placement Center, headed and assisted by highly educated professionals. The center of Placement and Training is nowadays occupied in interaction with the industry professionals in order to grow more employment opportunities for the students.