'''Vyapam''' is an acronym for Vyavasayik Pariksha Mandal. It is Madhya Pradesh’s Professional Examination Board, which mainly conducts several admission tests for various professional streams and courses. It is one of the largest bodies of conducting examinations all over Madhya Pradesh. This professional body directly comes under the Government of Madhya Pradesh, Directorate of Technical education.
'''Establishment of Vyapam'''
Vyapam, which is a Professional Examination Board of Madhya Pradesh, was initially established as PMT (Pre-Medical Test) board by the Madhya Pradesh Government in 1970. Lately, in 1981, it constituted a Pre-Engineering Board and later on in 1982 year both educational boards got amalgamated, which was then named as a Professional Examination Board. Vyapam, a Professional Examination Board was assigned the responsibilities to conduct the entrance examinations to several colleges all over the state. Vyapam is an autonomous, self-financed incorporated State government Body of Madhya Pradesh.
'''Entrance examinations Vyapam offers:'''
Vyapam at present conduct various entrance tests for the admission to several colleges in Madhya Pradesh, which includes:
• MET entrance test for admission to MBA programs.
• Pre-MCA, for admission for the Master of Computer Application course
• SOE, for admission to School of Excellence
• PNST, for admission to Bachelors in science in Nursing Training. This course is available only for girls.
• Pre-LLB, BA (Honors) for entrance to the National Law Institute University of Bhopal.
• PAHUT, for admission to Unani, Homeopathic and Ayurvedic degree courses.
• PPT, for admission to Polytechnic Diploma Courses.
• Pre-PG, for entrance to Post Graduate Dental and Medical Degree & Diploma programs.
• GNTST, for admission to general nursing training. This program is available only for girls.
• PAT & PEPT, for admission to Bachelors in Forestry, Agriculture, Dairy, Pharmacy and Engineering degree & diploma programs.