Water and Benefits of Garlic in Ayurveda
- Water is necessary for our body functions and growth. Even in olden days, purified water being supplied to people.
- Our body consists of 80-90% water. This should be pure and pleasant to body and mind. To prepare foods-in cleaning of utensils, in cooking and also to take bath and grow plants, water is a dire necessity.
- Pollution of water takes place from the sewage and factories effluent.
- The treatment of polluted water and sewage water will to some extent prevent diseases.
- Underground drainage also pollutes the water supply to the public. Hence, this type of water supply will be unfit for human consumption.
- In olden days they use to purify the water-as kathaka seeds (strychnos potatorum) are put to water and preserved for a day or two will purify the water.
- Another method of purification of water is of three pots method which was in vogue in ancient India.
- In addiction to the above the purification of water by chlorine and other chemicals are an added advantage to purify the excessive pollution of water.
- The use of garlic is found to be very effective in reducing blood clotting and keeps the blood vessels in balanced state.
- The use of onion in the diet also has the same effect as garlic.
- The effects of garlic and orange are similar to heparin and warperin, which prevents clotting mechanism and maintaining normal blood vessels.
- Thereby the heart attacks get reduced and the person lives long with perfect health.