There are different departments, organizations and central govt. ministries which come under the purview of DPG. They take up the different complaints and solve the matters.
- Railways - 3370
- Posts - 2181
- Telecom (incl. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) & Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) - 3624
- Urban Development (Delhi Development Authority (DDA), Land & Development Office (L&DO), Central Public Works Department (CPWD), etc) - 953
- Petroleum & Natural Gas - 302
- Civil Aviation (Air India, Airports Authority of India, etc) - 100
- Road Transport & Highways - 16
- Shipping - 444
- Tourism - 12
- Public Sector Banks - 2016
- Public Sector Insurance Companies - 2814
- National Saving Scheme of Ministry of Finance
- Employees' Provident Fund Organization - 2451
- Regional Passport Authorities - 1368
- Central Government Health Scheme - 305
- Central Board of Secondary Education - 256
- ESI Hospitals and Dispensaries directly controlled by ESI Corporation under Ministry of Labor – 63
- Miscellaneous (C) – 1053
- Miscellaneous (S) – 17
The outcomes of the cases taken by the DGP are as follows:
- 70% of the cases are settled in favor of the complainant.
- 9% settled partly in favor of the complainant.
- 21% of the cases are not found sustainable.
Certain grievances do not fall under the purview of the DGP and those are:
- Policy matters
- Commercial contracts
- Decisions involving quasi-judicial procedure
- Service matters (excluding payment of terminal benefits like gratuity and GPF)
- Matters which are sub-judice (pending before courts)
- Matters earlier disposed of at the level of Minister
- Frivolous complaints