Birth and death certificates are the two most important documents that are needed for various purposes. To obtain these documents one must need to pay the requisite fee. Therefore Kolkata Municipal Corporation charges some fees for issuing birth as well as death certificates.
KMC Charges for Birth for Birth and death certificates
The KMC charges for birth and death certificates are as follows:
- Rs. 10 is charged for obtaining the first copy of birth certificate within a period of one year from the date of birth.
- For the first two copies of death certificate, Rs. 10 is charged for each copy.
- If the first copy of the certificate is obtained after a year from the date of birth of a child then Rs. 100 is charged as a fee for this purpose.
- For additional computer printed birth certificate copies, Rs. 100 is charged for every copy.
- Additional copies of computer printed death certificates costs Rs. 50 each.
- For non-availability of certificates, Rs. 300 is charged.
So these are the charges or fees that are charged by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation for issuing birth and death certificates.