The HDFC ERGO Burglary Insurance provides cover against the loss or damages caused due to burglary or house breaking or any such incident. To ensure that the organizations do not face much loss or damage the company has introduced this comprehensive financial coverage. This policy covers the loss and the damages caused due to burglary and theft including the risks and the damages caused to the premises.
But the HDFC ERGO burglary insurance policy has excluded certain features such as:
• Items made of gold and silver, jewelries made of precious stones, coins, curios, sculptures, manuscripts, rare books, plans, medals, stamps, business books, papers, treasury or promissory notes, etc are not covered under this policy.
• If there is any good lying open and is not specifically insured then such articles will also not be covered under this policy.
• Any damage caused due to the infidelity of the inmate or member of the insured’s household or the business is not covered under this policy of HDFC ERGO.
• Riot or strike, terrorist activities, civil commotion, storm, earthquake, flood, volcanic eruption, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado or other turmoil of the nature or atmospheric disturbances and the damages caused due to those are also not covered under this policy.
• The damages caused due to war or warlike perils are also not covered.
• The losses caused due to ionizing radiation, radioactivity or contaminations are also not covered under this policy.
• The weapons materials are excluded.
• The willful losses or damages are not covered.
• Neither the use of key to the safe nor any such duplicate belonging to the insured person are covered under HDFC ERGO Burglary Insurance.