The Workmen’s Compensation Policy of HDFC ERGO is the most important course of action by which a business organization can disclose the potentiality to satisfy the responsibilities obligatory by workers compensation statutes. It is recompense to be paid under a proposal laid down in the Workmen’s Compensation Act of India, supervised by the Ministry of Labor.
The policy has certain relevant statutes and laws under WC/EL policy. Those are:
• Indian Fatal Accidents Act, 1855, and consequent changes of the mentioned Act previous to the date of issue of the policy
• Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923, and consequent changes of the mentioned Act previous to the date of enactment of the policy
• Common Law
The main necessity of the Workmen’s Compensation Policy of HDFC ERGO are to the act employer who are either principal or contractor engaging workmen as mentioned in the Workmen’s Compensation Act. Any staff of the employees who do not fir in to the criteria of workmen but share such a relation can also use the policy.
But Workmen’s Compensation Policy of HDFC ERGO is excluded of certain things such as:
• Diseases mentioned in Part ‘C’ of Schedule III of the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923
• The first 3 days of disablement where the total disablement is less than 28 days
• Any non-fatal injury caused by any accident directly because of Influence of drinks or drugs, willful disobedience of an order for securing safety to the workman and willful removal or disregard of a safety guard device.
• War group and nuclear group of perils
• Liability of the Insured assumed under an agreement
• Liability to employees of contractors of the Insured (unless separately declared and covered)
• Any change in statute provisions after the policy has commenced