The HDFC ERGO critical illness policy is such a policy which pays an amount of lump sum up to the insured sum for the diagnosis of the illness which is covered under this policy. This policy has certain features such as:
• Costs of the treatment and care
• Debts pay off
• Fund for a change in lifestyle
• Any lost income due to a decreasing ability to earn
• Recuperation aids
The critical illnesses covered under this policy of HDFC ERGO are:
• Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
• Major Organ Transplantation
• Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
• Kidney Failure
• Multiple Sclerosis
But there are certain illnesses which are not covered under this policy.
The illnesses which are not covered under this policy are:
• This policy does not cover any waiting period of 90 days.
• Any involvement in the war or any such activity like invasion, act of foreign enemy, war like operations, riots etc are no covered under this policy.
• The critical illness policy also does not cover unlawful or criminal act or any connotation of committing suicide or self injury even sane r insane.
• If the insured has any participation or involvement in any sort of military, air force or naval operation the policy will not cover those. Other actions like racing, driving, scuba diving, hand gliding, rock mountain climbing, parachuting etc are also not covered.
• Intoxicating to alcohols and drugs are also not covered.
• Any venereal disease like AIDS or any infection with HIV is also not covered.
• Any treatment related to pregnancy like miscarriage, maternity or birth also including the caesarean section or voluntary termination is not covered.