In case of new Ration Card, any type of deletion or addition in existing Ration Card, transferring Ration Card to a new place there are certain procedures that people need to follow. They also need to provide certain documents.
In case of family division or separation:
• A duly filled new ration card form. • Voter card. • Rs.2 worth of Court Fee Stamp. • Deletion certificate of Ration Card of your old one. • Proof of your new residence.
A person can choose any one of following as evidence of your current residence:
• Letter mailed to the current residing address. • Telephone bill. • Bank Account Passbook. • Electricity bill. • Gas bill. • Rent receipt. • Previous tax payment bill.
In case of a newly married bride who moves out of her family need to move her ration card to a new family. The following documents are to be submitted as evidence of her marriage:
• Marriage registration certificate • Joint/modified bank account • Wedding invitation card • Joint LIC policy with spouse.
If a family has a new born baby, the name of the baby needs to be enlisted in the family ration card. The following things are to be done:
• Go to Food and Commodities section of District collector Office • Collect application form • Indicate your relationship with your baby in the form
Additionally, the following documents are required along with the application form:
• Birth certificate of new born baby • Your marriage certificate • Parents’ ration card of your child, that is, you and your husband/wife’s ration card.