Indian railways has come up with various advanced options for i-ticket booking. This article helps you come across various methods of i-ticket booking provided by Indian Railways.
Different methods for I-ticket booking
- I-Ticket booking online
- I-ticket booking in person
- I-ticket booking via travel agents
Make an i-ticket booking in person
- Visit your nearby railway station and collect train booking application form.
- You must enter the right source and destination name with valid train number and passenger’s details.
- Then submit it to the booking counter.
- The concerned person checks the availability in the train and issues the i-ticke to you.
Make i-ticket booking through a travel agent
- You can find many travel agents across India who always strive to book your i-tickets instantly.
- You only have to give the information on your journey date and time. Travel agent takes the responsibility of booking your ticket and delivering it to you.
- You can visit any local travel agency near to your region and get your i-ticket booked easily.
- You can visit Best Travel agents in India and find the travel agents.
How to i-ticket online
- Tickets booked online are called as e-ticket. But again you have provision here to convert it to i-ticket and get it in your door steps.
- All you need to do is select the ticket type option as i-ticket instead of e-ticket during the time of online booking.
- You have to mention the postal address of your house and the ticket will be delivered to the mentioned address.
- Normally this method is used by travel agents all across India.
- Even common person can get it availed in case of no printer facility to take out the e-ticket copy.
How to cancel booked i-ticket
- You can always cancel your reserved seats just before the two of the journey.
- In order to cancel it manually you need to have your i-ticket and submit it in the railway station’s ticket cancellation counter.
- Your ticket will be cancelled with some deduction on it.
- Note: if you are cancelling the reserved i-ticket the Rs.40 will be deducted. If you are cancelling a ticket in the waiting status Rs.20 will be deducted.
- If you want to cancel i-ticket which was booked through online reservation you can always cancel it by going to the cancellation link. Money will be refunded back to the same account via which online booking was done.