Indian Railways have launched many advanced methods to offer its passengers more convenience and comfort in the system. In to get the railway ticket confirmation there are many easy and simple ways available. This article tells you about the various methods check the railway ticket confirmation.
- A look at the different methods for railway ticket confirmation
- Confirm railway ticket online
- Confirm Railway ticket reservation on phone
- Confirm Railway ticket reservation via SMS
- Confirm railway ticket reservation in person
A look at the different methods for railway ticket confirmation
- Railway ticket confirmation can be done online
- Railway ticket confirmation can be done over phone
- Railway ticket confirmation can be done through SMS
- Railway ticket confirmation can be done in person.
Confirm railway ticket online
- To make railway ticket confirmation online, you must be aware your PNR Number.
- Now log on to www.indianrail.gov.in and check on the PNR Status link on the top corner of the page.
- Now you will be redirected to a page asking for your PNR number.
- Enter your PNR number and get the status of your reservation.
- If it seems that WL- then it means that reservation is not confirmed and your seat is still in waiting list.
- If it shows the keyword CFRM then it means that your ticket is confirmed.
- If it shows the keyword RAC then it means that your seat is partially confirmed.
Confirm Railway ticket reservation on phone
- You can dial 139 on your mobile or landline and wait for the instruction. Once you get connected you will be asked to select the preferable language now.
- Now press the specified according to recorded system’s instructions.
- Dial your right PNR number, if the entry turns out to be valid you will hear the status of train ticket reservation.
Confirm Railway ticket reservation via SMS
- Indian Railways has offered an modern way to get the status of your ticket with all other information just by sending a text message.
- You can send your PNR number to 57886 and get the status of your ticket reservation.
- The general format of sending the SMS in order to check the train ticket reservation is as follows
SMS IRTRN [PNR NUMBER] send it to 57886.
Confirm railway ticket reservation in person
- You can also cross check the train ticket status by visiting the nearest railway station.
- As you would be finding a long queue here you must be ready with your right PNR number before approaching the right person.
- You can approach status enquiry counter in the station and get the train ticket reservation status by telling him the PNR number of the ticket.