Pune is the eight largest <a href="/node/64734">Cities of India</a> and is also known as the IT hub of the country. Pune is known for its educational facilities and is known as the Oxford of the East. Very good standards of education are provided to students and some of the best schools in Pune are listed below:
1. Millenium National School – It is a co-educational school that subscribes to the CBSE curriculum. It is a day boarding school located in Karvenagar and is a unique bagless school where students are exposed to three co-curricular activities every year. It is built in the area of 25 acres and provides education from the primary level to the high school level. It gives equal importance to academics, arts and culture as well as sports and helps in a qualitative overall development of its children.
2. Army Public School – This school is among the best schools in Pune. It is located in a green environment of the Southern command and is affiliated to CBSE. Great emphasis is given to academics as well as sports. NCC training camps are held for the cadets. The education is provided to the children of army personnel. Workshops are held for handwriting analysis, self assessment test, environment issues, communication and personality development, etc.
3. The Lexicon International School – This school provides education at pre-primary, primary, middle and secondary levels. It is a co-educational day and residential school in the environs of Wagholi and has a well equipped IT center and an open air environmental lab. Library is well quipped and huge place is allotted for outdoor activities like sports and extra curricular as well as indoor activities like table tennis and gymnasium. Affiliated to University of Cambridge, it provides education following the ICSE and IGCSE curriculum.
4. St Vincent's High School – Established in 1867, it is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and provides Secondary School Certificate Examination and the Higher Secondary Certificate examination for the secondary and senior secondary levels respectively. It is English Medium School for boys and is owned by the Poona Catholic educational Association (Pvt.) Ltd. The purpose of the school is not only to impart a good standard of education but also inculcate morals and values in boys so that they become a graceful men with character in future.
5. Sharad Pawar International School – It is one of the best schools in Pune to impart high standard of education on the junior, middle and senior school level. It follows the IGCSE pattern of education and is affiliated to the University of Cambridge. It also accredited to the International Baccalaureate School system. Having world class facilities with state of art labs and library and sports facilities, this school is a day school as well as a boarding school.