The Christian Medical College Vellore occupies a prominent place among medical institutions in India (and in the world) as a 2,000-bed multi-campus complex that is a vital, diverse, inter-denominational community. CMC Vellore affirms a shared commitment to a healing of the total person in the spirit of Christ and the pursuit of professional excellence in the care of those who are disadvantaged, disabled, and marginalized.
Course & Admission Procedure
Course Duration = 4.5 years. The course is taken in three stages, following a short foundation course which provides basic principles of Communication, Ethics, and Problem Based Learning.
Application form and Prospectus can be obtained for a fee from the Registrar, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 632 002, Tamilnadu, India.
There is an application fee which can be sent as a crossed demand draft, payable at Vellore to the CMC Vellore Association Account. Application forms for the degree courses will be available from mid-February of the year until around early April for the sessions beginning in July.
Minimum qualification is Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to ‘ten plus two’ Higher Secondary Examination, taken after a period of 12 years of studies
A candidate for admission to medical course "must have 60% marks* in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (or Botany and Zoology took together) and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations and should have passed in English"(*subject to University guidelines).
Address and Contacts
Ida Scudder Road, Vellore Tamil Nadu
If you know the extension number, please dial 0416-228-extn.no. or 0416-307-extn.no.
Fax :+91-416-2232035, 2232103
Official Website for the College:http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in
CMC Vellore Affiliated to
Undergraduate Courses in this College:
- MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BOT - Bachelors of Operational Therapy
- BPT - Bachelors in Physiotherapy
- B Sc (MLT) - Bachelor of Science Medical Lab Technology
Post Graduate Diploma Courses Offered in this College are as follows:
Doctor of Medicine (MD) :
- Child Health
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical Radiodiagnosis
- Medical Radiotherapy
- Psychological Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Physical Med. & Rehabilitation
M D (Doctor of Medicine)
- General Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Community Medicine
M S (Master of Surgery)
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
M Sc - Master of Science
- Clinical Haematology
- Thoracic Surgery
- Neurosurgery (5 years and 2-year course)
- Genito Urinary Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- The students who are willing to join in this college should have completed their Secondary Education from a recognized institution with the compulsory subject of Biology, Physics and also chemistry. Moreover, the Candidate should possess an aggregate of 50% marks in his secondary education from a recognized board of India.
Post Graduate Diploma Courses:
- The Candidate should have completed his MBBS Course from a recognized University.
Entrance Test for Studying the Graduate Course in this College: TNPGMEE